Impression 06 touts a new professional network for gen-z’s on the professional network they are trying to disrupt. Let’s see how far this one gets:
- Barilla teaches people how to save energy when cooking pasta in an energy crisis with a smart device called ‘The Passive Cooker’. The device syncs with mobile phones and sits at the top of the pan lid. When the water is hot enough and the pasta is almost cooked, it sends a notification to the phone to switch off the stove.
- FIFA has partnered with Google to launch a search feature that makes it easy to follow the World Cup. Searches for ‘FIFA World Cup’ or ‘World Cup’ will trigger tournament scores, subscription features, team alerts, live stats and graphs all on the search results page. Another clever way to keep users in the search platform.
- Pineapple, an app that wants to reshape how Gen Z can make professional connections, launched last week. The app challenges networking sites like LinkedIn who young people feel doesn’t let them express themselves freely.
- Social media growth has started to slow in the US, indicating a worldwide trend to come. The core reason for the slowing uptake is the concern that social media negatively impacts mental health, as more scrutiny is placed on algorithms and their bias toward negative comment that drives a reaction.
- Pinterest has rolled out it’s popular collage app ‘Shuffles’ worldwide which allows people to create aesthetics and share them with their friend
- YouTube will roll out a ‘Go Live Together’ feature that lets creators co-stream via their phones opening up the possibility that live streaming might become the new talk show\
- The hybrid work culture continues to evolve as Gen Z workers are missing the in-person experience of being in the office because of the opportunity and communities it provides
- Luxury shoppers are splurging less which indicates that inflation issues are reaching the more affluent consumers that are usually immune from it. New customers are in decline, dampening growth opportunities in a usually fruitful market